Saturday, May 15, 2010

sleeping with my ipod


I've been thinking about softly listening to my ipod while i sleep lately. But none of the music suitable for sleeping to, is stuff that i would ever want to listen to when I'm awake. Sure, Classical music might in fact help me sleep, but its definitely not something that I find good to listen to after a big day.

The other side of the matter is, if i listen to epic music, hip hop, pop, whatever, im afraid of subliminal messages that might get stuck in my mind without me even knowing! Ie, if I hypothetically had some sort of music with lots of violent screaming in it (rage against the machine, anyone?) than I might go to school screaming "F*** YOU, I WON"T DO WHAT YOU SAY" (which, If memory serves, is actually the only line in one of ratm's songs) and find it completely normal.

Maybe if i could teach myself to like music that wouldn't change me subliminally.... I could listen to Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" and wake up feeling... normal. But I wonder, Would listening to "Tik Tok" subliminally make me feel like P Diddy in the morning? (what does that even feel like anyway???)
Other questionable songs:
Drug Balled- Eminem
We Won't Back Down- Escape the Fate
Take The Money And Run- Steve Miller Band

Feel free to comment with other songs that i should watch out for when I sleep!






No comments:

Post a Comment